Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ResultsManager Throws Up And Drops The Ball

Aww damnit! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! As soon as I dropped my guard and quit double-checking that something like this would happen!

Damn, damn, damn!

I don’t know what the hell happened. Maybe I got a bit too over-confident with ResultsManager. Apparently, the app is not/was not sweeping up some key client contact actions and hasn't been doing so since, as far as I can tell, from the get-go of this trial.

I think I didn't catch it because some of the actions were only coming due until recently. But here's the kicker:

Yesterday, while on the phone with a client, I'm looking at my talking points for the call in the client's map. Suddenly I noticed a couple of prep items I should have done before the call.

But I hadn't done them because . . . they never came up in any of my dashboards. Not the Weekly Review. Not the Daily Actions. Nada.

Which means -- they never got done. Which means, I was not as prepared as I should have been.

Not cool and not the professional polish I like to have.

So, while trying to maintain my cool, I'm frantically dual-processing -- having the conversation with her while troubleshooting the problem on my end -- clicking through client maps as fast as I can, seeing if I can find the commonality between them.

What I saw hit me like a deep sucker-punch to the stomach: a lot of action items had been dropped and/or were about to be dropped.

I gotta fix this quick or else they're going to take away my Golden Tester award.

Gotta blaze and figure this out before it costs me further (literally). I'll do my best to give everyone an update (hopefully) by the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home