Monday, April 03, 2006

This Is Not Something I'm Happy About . . .

Prior to ResultsManager, I created and worked my maps in the traditional mind mapping method of starting at the 1 o'clock position and working around the "clock" to the 12 o'clock position.

However, best practices according to ResultsManager seemingly works counterintuitive to the tradition.

Now, your projects elements and subprojects and heck, even the ResultsManager templates expect you to start on the left-hand side (11 o'clock) and work counter-clockwise to 12 o'clock.

Huh? That's totally backwards, isn't it? This exceptional break from decades of mindmapping procedure seems disconnected from what has been (so far) a well-thought-out, sophisticated piece of software.

Did I miss something here? Did I start out wrong and developed a bad habit until it became my personal best practices? Or is it something having to do with Allen's "Getting Things Done"?

Anyone know why this is best practices when using ResultsManager, but not when doing standard mindmapping?

If the folks at Gyronix want to take this on without having to deal with the limitations of the Comments field, I'll let you have the floor for a guest post or two.

As Ricky would say, "Luuu-seee, you have some 'splainin' to do!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home