Monday, March 27, 2006

How To Never Lose Another Project Or Task Again

Actually, the I part doesn't really enter into it. Looks like ResultsManager has now taken control of my project management and is determined to keep all my overdue projects, sub-projects and tasks in my face until I complete them or account for them in some way.

The auacity ... the gall ... the noive! (use the Bugs Bunny voice for the last one)

Using ResultsManager has taught me something about how I manage my workflow. I tend to schedule far too much to do an amount of time I have to do it. So what am I left with if I'm not careful?

A lot of overdue task and deadlines.

A lot of overdue task and deadlines it's not going to let me forget until I do something with them.

Grrrrr . . .

Seriously, I am loving the way ResultsManager catches every single one of those overdue items and creates its own area in the dashboard to account for them. It does this on the Review and Sweep-up dashboards.

Probably does so on other dashboards as well and I just haven't got that far yet.

And just to add cherry on top of the urgency theme, the Overdue topic area that it sweeps them all into has a large red alarm bell image stuck to it.

Thanks guys. Let's not put too fine a point on it, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home