Sunday, April 16, 2006

What's The Context For Your Context?

I think the only solution is to codify my own system for Contexts, Areas and Categories.

Context can be a physical place, but maybe it can be a starting from place, instead of a literal physical location, like @Phone or @Office. Maybe it could be a context to come-from as well?

While I like the idea of Context from the GTD system -- the Categories and Areas just don't jibe with me. Maybe it's from using the Tony Robbins RPM system for years, but as defined by GTD -- I'm not feeling the love.

But when I use them in the way RPM does -- i.e., Categories = Categories Of Improvement and Areas = Areas Of Management, then it works for me.

So I'm taking a page from what Nick Duffill advised last week and customizing it to fit the way I work.

And if I do that, if I start using Contexts (or Categories, or Areas) in ResultsManager, yet in a slightly modified way, this may work for me.

How about you? If you're an experienced ResultsManager user, which route did you take? Did you totally adopt the GTD protocols? A modified version of it? Or did you create your own system?

Or was it just easier to not bother at all?

Enquiring minds want to know. Tell me what you did to adapt/adopt and I'll put the best ones up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home