Saturday, April 22, 2006

MindManager SP1 Works Great With ResultsManager

Normally I wouldn't post this here, but it's so important that I didn’t want to take a chance of people not benefiting from it because they weren't subscribed to the MindManager and GTD Yahoo lists.

And even though I did send the below to the Yahoo list, over 24 hours have passed and it has yet to appear.

I do not know the original poster's credentials for saying what she did in such an unqualified way, but she did. There's nothing that backs up her assertions.

Frankly I would have been more comfortable if she had said she worked with Gyronix or Mindjet. But she never says, yet does claim the "we" status as if she's speaking for a group.

Hmmm . . .

In spirit, I agree with her that one should use due caution when updating/grading.

My response follows, her original post after that:

Joanna, All:

Joanna's post exercises due caution and that's a Good Thing. However, I downloaded SP1 on a non-critical system w/MM & RM and ran it thru a bunch of hoops (I used to be a software tester).

Bottom-line:
I could find no discernible problems w/RM and SP1. I was confident enough with the testing results that I downloaded and installed it on my core system. And I wouldn't have done that if there was a chance anything hinky could happen to my client data.

Hope that helps.

Wishing You Much Success,

Walter Terry
Does ResultsManager get a Thumb's Up Or Down?
Find out in the "Taming Chaos - 28 Days with ResultsManager" blog
at http://www.resultsmanagerpro.com/
===========================================

-----Original Message-----From: mindmanager@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:mindmanager@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of joanna_morris1000Sent: Friday,
April 21, 2006 10:17 AMTo: mindmanager@yahoogroups.comSubject:
[mindmanager] Re: Service Pack 1

Hello,
Please note if downloading SP1 that an updated version of ResultsManager has not yet been released.

If ResultsManager is critical to your work, we recommend that you do not update to SP1 until ResultsManager can also support it. This should be available
early next week.

Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home